Saturday, May 31, 2008

Super Chennai through

I said to some of my friends before the semis, that it is NOT going to be a Rajasthan- Punjab final, well that has proved right,
Yen vazhi tani vazhi....the famous dialog of Rajnikanth from the movie Padayappa meaning "My route is a different route" is very valid for the Chennai Super Kings as well. First 4 matches, they got 4 wins and then became so unpredictable. You could argue that others were also like that, but Chennai was different from others. They would thrash Punjab in the league match and then lose to Delhi like a duck.
Anyways now all thats is history. Its Chennai v Rajasthan in the 1st ever IPL Final. What a moment its gonna be at the DY Patil tomorrow.
Heart says Chennai, but Warne is amongst my all time favorite. So I would want his team to perform as well.
Whatever happens tomorrow, I am a happy man because this is the best final I could have hoped for without Delhi.
This is my final blog from Delhi...off to Mumbai tomorrow.
Till the next one from Mumbai,
Cheers

1 comment:

Abinav Kumar said...

oww what a fitting finish..! went right upto the last ball.. and now it really doesn't matter..!!

anyway... was heartening to see Dhoni keeping his cool.. and even more inspiring to see the Chennai team huddle after the loss..!!

super display yesterday..!!